If there’s one thing I absolutely need in my home, it’s a good home spray. I like my home to smell nice all the time.
Isn’t it the smell of home cooked remind us of our childhood when our moms would cook our favorite dish? Certain scents bring back memories, others simply relax us and some are just really awesome to have.
Peppermint, lavender, cinnamon, rose, citrus…the list goes on. My favorite are citrus scents which also takes out unpleasant smell.
We’ve come up with a quick DIY to get rid of the unpleasant that we sometimes have in our cozy, little space. Best thing about this is, we will be using all-natural ingredients and fresh produce from your kitchen.
Here’s what we need.
- 1 cup Lemon Peels
- 2 cups Orange Peels
- 1/2 cup Unscented Ethyl Alcohol or Vodka
- 1/2 cup Cloves
- 10 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Distilled Water
- Boil under low fire cloves, lemon, and orange peels in distilled water for at least 30 minutes.
- After boiling and all the juices have been extracted, let it cool. Once cool mix in ethyl alcohol or vodka, and cinnamon essential oil.
- You can move the mixture into clean glass bottles or small spray bottles.
- You can store this for at least 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
You can play around with the measurements depending on how much you want to make. Heck, you can even add your preferred essential oil to give it a personal touch. Maybe a touch of mint will make it more of a relaxing spray to have around.
Important thing to remember is to never use with food the pot, tools, and utensils you used in making this mixture.
I absolutely loved this room spray. It effectively takes out foul kitchen odor, freshens up my bathroom and keeps the doggy smell at bay.
Hope you like this nice addition to your arsenal of home essential products!